Closing the Gap is an ISTE book designed to reflect the contributions of multiple stakeholders who are seeking to ensure that digital equity is achieved on campuses, in classrooms and throughout education.
The first book in the series, Closing the Gap: Digital Equity Strategies for Teacher Prep Programs, includes:
- Discussion of historical placement of “digital equity” content in teacher education programs.
- Research- and evidence-based vignettes from educators demonstrating best practices.
- Examples of ISTE Standards in action.
- Practical tips for preparing future teachers to navigate the process.
- Positive applications of digital equity.
- A hypothesis for the future direction of digital equity in teacher education.