This useful video series clearly explains how to design and interpret several types of formative assessments, how to track student progress and how to assign meaningful marks, even if a school uses a traditional marking system. Dr Marzano brings each concept to life with detailed examples of teachers from different subject areas applying it in their classrooms. Dr Marzano focuses on:
1) the inadequacy of the 100-point scale
2) designing measurement topics
3) computing final status on measurement topics
4) traditional marking practices in a formatively based system
5) new forms of report cards for formative assessment
This package includes a 90-minute DVD with the video and a CD with materials to support team or individual professional learning, including handouts, supporting resources and web links.